I dare you to not love gymnastics if you coach, or youâ€™re a choreographer (!), but I have never really asked a gymnast, What do you love about gymnastics? So I asked them. Tiny pre-optional kids and lovely compulsory girls as well as highly competitive optional gymnastsâ€”the cream of the crop. Their answers were wonderfully simple. I pulled together ten favorites this year directly from answers I received in my GUTS workshops.
What we love about artistic gymnastics?
1. Sometimes a boy says things about my muscles, and always I win in arm wrestling.
2. Trampolines are so cool.
3. When it comes to the Olympics, itâ€™s not the thing that matters; itâ€™s okay for me to say that, right?
4. Life without gymnastics wouldnâ€™t be as fun.
5. This year with our meet scheduleâ€”we go to Disney World. Never been before.
6. I make a big deal out of getting tricks. My coach takes this very serious too.
7. I love the vault, bars, beam, and floor â€” beam is risky.
8 . What do you mean love?
9. Gymnastics comes a little early in the morning, so homeschool is nice!
10. I have the worldâ€™s best friends.
PHOTO: THE GUTS WORKSHOP HOSTED BY CHELLE STACK’S GYMNASTICS, WINTER PARK, FL.